Annual Letter

to Lions and Friends of the Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute Foundation

If links to our other web pages aren't visible to the left, click or touch ☰ to the left of 👀 above.

Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute Foundation

For the advancement of Eye Research, Education, and Care
At the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at Fitzsimons

Lions Emblem

                         November 2022

Lions, Families and Friends,

These past two years have been difficult; however, we are beginning to establish a new normal. The Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute Foundation has identified a new funding opportunity to continue the great success that the Institute has achieved.  

EXPANSION OF THE EYE INSTITUTE'S FIFTH FLOOR
We are kicking off RMLEIF support for this fifth-floor expansion.  The finishing of this shell space would include 31 exam rooms.  As you know, RMLEIF has contributed to the capital expenses for decades including construction and renovation expenses as well as treatment and diagnostic equipment. We have set a fund-raising goal of $50,000 this year in support of this project, and we are asking for your contribution.

As you know, in 2020 we fulfilled our commitment to equip new examination rooms on the fourth floor in the Institute with a $300,000 grant.   We continue to help those in Wyoming and Colorado who need financial assistance with travel expenses for eye care with grants up to $500. We also provide support for low-vision examinations at the Institute.

Most recently we helped a young man from the western slope of Colorado with a $500 RMLEIF grant for travel expenses. He worked in construction and had developed an infection in one eye which clouded his cornea and substantially affected his vision in that eye.  In September he had his corneal transplant and his vision in that eye is better than before. He is now back to work. In addition to our support, the Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Bank funded 80% of the cost of the transplant. The remaining 20% was raised by the Delta Lions Club, the Paonia Lions Club, and the Hotchkiss Lions Club.

Your Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute Foundation is also working with the Doctors and staff to explore ways that we could contribute to the following areas in the future:

Your Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute Foundation Board of Directors sincerely thank you for your past support and invite you to continue your contributions.  Your support will provide critical funding for the fifth-floor expansion. 

For the first time ever, you can contribute to the Foundation on Colorado Gives Day on December 6. Go to our website, RMLEIF.com for details.

We wish you a truly joyful holiday and a safe New Year.

Sincerely,
The Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute Board of Directors

RMLEIF, P.O. Box 473007, Aurora, Colorado 80047 - https://www.rmleif.org